Campus Labs connects to campus authentication systems in order to identify and credential users. This means that you login using your campus username and password. The centerpiece of each method is a secure transmission of a unique identifier for a user upon a successful granting of credentials. Some of the supported protocols also allow for the passing of additional attributes from a directory or other campus system.
Campus Labs only supports ONE authentication method at a time per institution. These options include:
- Shibboleth / SAML (Campus Labs is an InCommon Provider)
- Central Authentication Service (CAS)
Steps to implementing authentication:
- Select an authentication method
- Complete the authentication worksheet and send it to email@example.com.
- We will work with you to get a site configured, depending on your answers to the questions.
- Testing and troubleshooting.
- Create users and allow them access to the site using their campus credentials.