|Overview||Importing This File|
|Video Explaining This File||Products That Use This File|
|Populating This File||Next: Academic Terms|
Organizational Units are a container within an organized structure that may hold related users and information. The Organizational Unit import, is used to create the structure of your institution within the Campus Labs products.
- Organizational Unit identifiers must be unique.
- Only one unit should be labeled with the Type Institution.
- The parent identifier column will define the hierarchy of your organizational chart.
- The Organizational Units import is hierarchical. This is achieved in the import by populating the "ParentIdentifier" column with the "OrgUnitIdentifier" of the Organizational Unit that the child unit falls within. The end goal is to have an Organizational Chart, with the institution at the top, and breaking out into divisions, schools and departments.
- Only the Institution Organizational Unit should have a blank field for the Parent Identifier column. All other Organizational Units will need to have that field populated.
- An organizational unit can be the parent unit of a unit with the same type.
- Courses will be associated with Organizational Units.
- Organizational Units must be sent and uploaded BEFORE any other course data is sent to Campus Labs.
- Once an Organizational Unit has been created it cannot be deleted. It is important to have your Organizational Unit file as accurate as possible before it is imported.
- The name, acronym, parent identifier and type of a unit can be updated by importing an updated file with the new information.
|Baseline - Rubrics|
Requirements for populating this file can be found in the Core Data Dictionary.