The Courses Import is used to create a campus course catalog in the system. The course holds the place for sections that are offered each semester.
The Section Import is used to associate course offerings to the courses in the course catalog. It will also be used to attach students and instructors to a course offering during a term.
- The Courses file should contain all of the courses that would ever be offered at your institution. Similar to your course catalog.
- The CIP code column must have a valid CIP code inserted in one of the following formats (00 / 00.00 / 00.0000)
- Section offerings per term are associated with a Course.
- Cross Listings can now be done within the Sections file. An additional column "CrossListingIdentifier" has been added to this file. Use the same identifier for each section you would like to cross list together.
- During the Core Data, Courses Import process, the Courses Import MUST be the third of the Course Data imports to go into Core Data. Courses must be in the system before Course Section data is imported.
- Once the Courses and Sections have been created they cannot be deleted. It is important to have your extract as accurate as possible before it is imported.
- All of the columns except for the Identifier can be updated by importing an updated file with the new information.
- Course Evaluations*
*Indicates this file is required to use the product.
Requirements for populating these file can be found in the Core Data Dictionary.